Whether you’re moving, or tidying up the house or garage, plastic totes are the perfect storage container. These containers always seem to come in a handy, making them almost essential for any household. Here we will review the cheapest plastic totes so that you can make smart spending choices. Now, let’s get into the list!
Sow what are the Cheapest Plastic Totes?
- Sterilite 16428012 6QT Storage Box
- Sterilite? 16 Quart Basic Clear Storage Box with White Lid
- Ziploc WeatherShield 44 Quart Storage Box, 4 Pack, Clear
- Case of 8, 18 Gallon Durable Construction Molded-in Handles Tote Box- Steel, Gray
- IRIS 53 Quart Stack & Pull Box, Clear
Now that we’ve gotten the list out of the way, let’s take a closer look at our top picks for plastic totes!
If you’re in the market for a small budget friendly plastic tote to tidy up your home or apartment, the Sterilite 6 Quart Storage Box is a good bet. This is a pretty durable basic plastic tote with lid measuring approximately 13.5 Inches x 8.25 x 5 Inches. They sell them in one packs, two, four, 12, 24, or 36. These are great affordable options but the only major drawback is that they are small. They do offer a 16 quart version though if you’re looking for something a little bigger.
The pros of the Sterilite 6 Quart Storage Box are:
- Very affordable
- Basic durable storage totes
- Sell in a variety of quantities (1,2,4,12,24,36)
The cons of the Sterilite 6 Quart Storage Box are:
- They are small 6 quart totes (measure 13.5 Inches x 8.25 x 5 Inches)
If you’re looking for something a little bigger than a 6 quart tote, the Sterilite 16 Quart Basic Clear Storage Box is a great option. This one is basically the same as their 6 quart version, only larger. This one measures approximately 16.25 Inches x 11.75 inches x 7 inches, making it a great medium sized tote. They sell this one in a 1, 2, or 12 pack depending on your needs. Overall, this is a great buy if you’re looking for a cheap medium sized plastic tote.
The pros of the Sterilite 16 Quart Basic Clear Storage Box are:
- Good value
- Basic medium sized storage totes
- Sell in a 1, 2, or 12 pack
The cons of the Sterilite 16 Quart Basic Clear Storage Box are:
- These are medium sized totes, some may prefer a larger size.
The third spot on our list of the cheapest plastic totes belongs to the mighty brand that is Ziploc with their 44 Quart Weather Shield Storage Box. These are clear, durable containers, with snap tight latches to keep your items secure. These totes are designed to keep things like dust, moisture, and environmental elements out of your items, keeping them safe. The dimensions on their 44 quart boxes are 19.70 Inches x 15.75 Inches x 11.02 Inches. These come in a four pack, making them a great value, though they do have other sizes and quantity options available.
The pros of the Ziploc 44 Quart Weather Shield Storage Box are:
- 44 Quart Box makes them great all purpose storage and moving totes
- Have a variety of size and quantity options
- Weather shield durable snap latches are designed to keep environmental elements out
The cons of the Ziploc 44 Quart Weather Shield Storage Box are:
- The shipping times on a few of the items are a little slow. Pay attention to the listing to what it says as an estimated delivery date if you’re in need of something immediately
If you’re cleaning out the garage/attic or moving into a new house or apartment, a classic set of 18 gallon totes might be what you’re after. If that’s the case Sterilite offers a great priced 8 set of Steel Gray 18 gallon tote boxes with lids. These are your classic 18 gallon plastic totes that make moving or storing things a breeze. Definitely a well deserved spot on the list.
The pros of the Sterilite Steel Gray 18 Gallon Tote Boxes are:
- Classic 18 gallon tote boxes with lids
- Great value (sold in a pack of 8)
The cons of the Sterilite Steel Gray 18 Gallon Tote Boxes are:
- They only come in a pack of 8, if you only need a few you might want something else
The final spot on our list of the cheapest plastic totes and storage boxes goes to the IRIS 53 Quart Stack and Pull Box. These are convenient 53 quart stack-able boxes with snap lids which is nice for securing your items. The 53 quart model measures 22.00 Inches x 16.50 Inches x 13.03 Inches. The good thing about the IRIS totes is that they have a variety of sizes, quantities, and even colors, making it a great option if you only want a few, or need a variety of sizes.
The pros of the IRIS 53 Quart Stack and Pull Box are:
- 53 Quart Storage Box
- Snap lids
- Variety of sizes, quantities, and color options
The cons of the IRIS 53 Quart Stack and Pull Box are:
- There a little more expensive than some of the other options (but they’re durable 53 quart boxes)
Well, that completes the list! Overall there are a lot of good options for budget friendly plastic totes available. They do really come in handy for storing and moving items. We hope that you find something on the list that works for you.
Thank you for reading!
If you’re looking for a portable tote to carry things with you, check out our list of the cheapest tote bags!